Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Exploring the Unchruched Mind ... Unchurched Friend 1

As I was sitting in my room think of a person to call and ask these question to for this assignment, it was not easy to find one that I know that has not been church before that I talk to all the time. Then it came to me, I have a friend that I meet a couple years back that called me the other day to say hi. Since he opened up by calling even through we had not talked for almost a year. He called and it was a good talk. So I said to myself maybe this could be the one that could answer my question about the un- Christian world and the world that I am living in today. So I called him up the next day and talk for two hours. At that time I felt that I reconnected with him in that I was able to ask these question with out being “unchurched friend” that I have not talked to forever’ answer these question. I need to talk to him before I did this because I know him as a person that get offend really easily. A little about his background in the church. He went to church as a little kid but as he got old he parent stop going, so in turn he stopped going to. He started to not believe in anything. I asked him if he believe in God, he said Yes, but that he doesn’t really care that much anymore about God, Church, or religion. He said that he is just a life rider, surfing through life with no care. After some small talk about our lives. He told me things that impact him the most is working and trying to find a nice girl to marry. I asked him a couple question about the area that he lives in know, which is fun because it is my home town too. He was I don’t really care that much, but if I had to say something, It would have to be drugs. He said the reason why there is a drug problem because there is nothing for teen or adult really to do in the town, so smoke pot is just better then sitting around. One thing that I thought was interesting that he said was that either people sitting around do nothing, or go out to the movie or get in trouble, and this is what shocked me, go to the Main Street Baptist church. He was talking that everyone goes there to play games and hang. From that I asked him, if you went to church what would you look for? He said People that were real. He felt that church people were not real with him at all, it was like they are selling a bag of dirty but making it out to be gold. At this time, I felt the need to be like but it is not, but people do need to be real. But what I said that has now let him be very open with me is that. People in the church can be un real just like the people outside but there are a lot of people that are real and understand that life is hard it is not easy. Trying to be Christian is easy, why take the easy way out. This related to him because he is one crazy guy, so he was like harder life seems better and more real. Understanding the thinking that he went through in answering this answer is something that only a person that knew them can do… Relationship is the KEY

1 comment:

F.C. Wong said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Shoot me an email at fu@fcwongweddings.com

I can answer your questions better that way. Cheers!