Monday, March 31, 2008

David Kennard

David Kennard From Riverside community church is a man that truly understands the principal of small group church. As I came into the classroom that night, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this pastor because he just seemed like a normal guy. But as I started to listen what he does with the church I was shocked how much this guy knows his stuff and has almost a pastoral board from different church all supporting each other with this amazing system of small groups. I love this contempt-raising Priest in the church. You need to be a priest in the group meaning that the small group is helping you grow closer to God and this is forming your knowledge around God, which is showing you the steps of the priesthood of believers. A little back down of this process is the SEASON of life Wheel I call it. And any people in their church that would like to be a member for this church they have to go through the first step of the SEASON WHEEL which is Christianity 101 the winter season this is setting the foundation the dream in their lives. David Kennard teaches this step in his church and he said that it is a great time to get people plugged into the small group that they need to be in but they are also finding God for their selves. The next step is 201, which is the spring or the spiritual development. They are help the 101 class to grow into the 201 classes by developing their knowledge of Christ in their life. 301 is the summer and they part is shaping them and discovering the newest of themselves in life this is the time that people commit in discipline other in the church by doing some type of work. Most people at this time leave the classes because they don’t want to commit yet. 401 is the fall which is the harvest time which is going to take everything that you learned and apply it to their lives through evangelism which means that they need to dedicate their time for reaching the lost. The last part is 501 the final and that is their complete devoted to God in every part of their lives. I really like this concept of small group that there are focus group that are working together to help each other out in all ascepts of their life. There is a small group for everyone.

No comments: